Saturday, October 22, 2011

Breaking Strings and other things....

Specifically - CHAIRS.

My pride/ego wants to say something before I go into details and tell this story. So just wait a minute.

Katy's Pride/Ego" Hey guys... so yeah... ummm I ONLY weigh 143 lbs. I am 5 foot 5 inches. I used to weigh 155 lbs. I've lost 12 lbs in the past six months. Sure, 143 lbs is still a little "curvy" for my height... but for God's sake it's not obese. I know, I know, I live in China now. Maybe here "clinically obese" is considered anything over the 135 lb line?... I don't know... but  I'm NOT the ONLY one who broke a chair at work .... Yan ( who is my height but maybe 115 lbs at most) broke one TOO a few weeks ago ... and so did Milo a few months ago. They are CHEAP chairs!"

cheap chairs yes, but still, obviously my defenses are up a little bit, and my ego suffered a little bruising in addition to my butt today. lol...

Because I sat down a little too hard on my cheap office chair and broke it today. 

This was the second chair that I've broken since working here. I've worked in several office type situations before and have NEVER broken a chair. The first time it happened here, I was happy to hear that it happened to ("115 lb at most") Yann too. But the second time now .... is just laughable/frustrating/a little ego bruising.

HOWEVER- I am happy to report that after I broke this chair I marched into the conference room and got myself a GOOD QUALITY chair. Nothing too special. Just one with four strong, stable legs (instead of one cheap long "neck" type thing attached to four plastic wheels) and a strong but soft cushion.

SIDENOTE: I am also happy to report that since 13 hours ago, my QUALITY of LIFE has improved 110%.  Comforting. Relaxing. Reassuring. I have a feeling that my new little sturdy, stable office chair and I will be a good team... working together reliably and supporting each other each day for the next 6 months.

"Breaking strings and other things ... playing hard." - Ani DiFranco  (PS: where has she gone? Does anyone know? ... Ani DiFranco... Sarah McLachlan.... Jewel ... seems like the Earth swallowed them all up somewhere around the year 2000.)

No comments:

Post a Comment