Monday, February 13, 2012

Ahhhh It's been almost a month since I've posted a blog entry. I swore to myself that I wouldn't let that happen... but the truth is, pulling my head out of the clouds and getting back "to the grind" has been more WORK! ( mental "work" anyway) than I bargained for. 

But realistically, I don't have any more money to spend being away on vacation ... so if I want to get back to being on vacation, I have to get back to work ( or win the lottery) and so ... the circle continues. 

I've had a full week of teaching classes, I've done laundry and bought groceries. Dust bunnies are starting to inhabit the "top to bottom" clean apartment that I left ( and returned to!) when I went to Thailand. So the "old groove" is back in full swing. 

I come from New York ( a 1hr 40 min train from NYC -Dutchess County- Mid-Hudson Valley), I grew up with January/February snow/sleet/freezing rain. I spent winter mornings after a heavy snowfall listening to K104fm or Star 93.3fm  on the radio waiting to hear "Arlington Central School District - 2 hour delay" or Arlington Central School District- now CLOSED" and I loved it because they went down the list in alphabetical order and Arlington was always one of the first mentioned. (though OCCASIONALLY they read the list backwards - from Z-A ... to appease the antsy Wappingers Central School District kids I guess. ;) )

BUT  this January/February - after experiencing the warm ( not too humid, just NICE) weather of Northern Thailand- I've found myself craving more warm winter weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment