Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pictures FINALLY- Taipei Zoo, Taiwan July 2012

 I think the reason that I never uploaded pictures to this blog last year in China .... was because my internet was soooooooo SLOW and sometimes unpredictable. But I just uploaded this pics in a matter of seconds- literally. So I'm going to make an effort to include at least one picture in every blog entry that I post here from now on! (: These were taken at the Taipei Zoo last Sunday. It was a bit of a subway ride- about 45 minutes on the MRT but it only costs $60 NT ( only $2.00 bucks US) to enter and there is SO much to see..... so many areas .... over a wide area of space. Hippos ( real ones, not just the stone ones I posted here) Giraffes, Elephants, Gorillas, Koalas, Monkeys, Lions, Penguins, Pandas, Flamingos, etc. etc.


I was also VERY happy to see that each animal area seemed to be very "open" - lots of space for the animals to roam around in. They all looked very healthy and reasonably content, considering they are being stared at all day by "foreigners" - humans. There was only ONE ... kind of "cat" I'm not sure what it was in the "Nocturnal House" that seemed a little restless .... he looked like he was pacing around and could definitely use some more space and maybe some sunlight! But other than that, they all looked content. I was especially happy to see the Asian elephants - two together ... clearly enjoying having the company of each other. ..looking happy... eating greens from the trees above.  I was also happy to see that the zoo is working in partnership with the Thai Elephant Conservation Center to save the Asian Elephant. I can't read the Chinese but I found this poster (above) near the Asian Elephants.





Hope you've ENJOYED these first few pictures here .... I promise now that I'm no longer suffocated/surrounded by "The Great Firewall"....  there will be a picture in every post... and I'll dig up some "oldies" from China last year and post them too. K...  zaijian ( "goodbye") for now.  (actually zaijian seems so formal. Most Chinese/Taiwanese more often just say "bye bye".) Or maybe I could say something like "xianzai bye bye" ... "bye for now"?  Either way - I'll post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment